Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Cubs win!

I watched a total of one half of a baseball game this year, and it was game seven of the World Series. My team is the Seattle Mariners, but since they are perennially terrible and baseball is hella boring much of the time, there hasn't been much reason for me to watch.

But the Chicago Cubs forced a game seven against the Cleveland racist caricatures so I figured I should watch what I can, and I am glad I did. It was a very Hollywood game, really the whole series, going down three games to one, coming back to force game seven, losing a big lead to see it tied up in the ninth, having a weather delay that allows you to regain your focus, and then winning in the tenth inning. It was very cliche and I love that the world is actually that dramatic sometimes.
There was even personal drama! David Ross, catcher for the cubs, was the oldest player in the game at age 39 and hit a home run, making him the oldest person to hit a home run in game seven of the World Series, not only that but it was his final game of professional baseball.

Not to mention the 108 year title drought for the team, curse of the goat and all that, I wonder if it is still illegal to bring your goat to the stadium? What if you get a service goat? Can you get a service goat? I feel like someone must have attempted this at some point.
...
...
...
I just took a fifteen minute journey through Wikipedia reading about the curse, and I have no answers for you, all I know is over the decades a lot of goats were killed in an attempt to break the curse, and at least one charitable organization was founded. Either way, curse over now.

I had fun is what I am saying, Cleveland had nothing to be ashamed about save for their horrible team name and mascot, they played a great game too.

Now I am having fun reading up on reactions, apparently some folks in Chicago have taken down a light pole and are wandering the streets with it, live wires hanging off and all. I suspect they are drunker than anyone has ever been in their life.

No comments: