Friday, October 21, 2016

Small issues

I've reached a point of equilibrium with work and while I don't love my job, I am fairly okay with how things are going, not to say I won't be keeping my eye out for something else. Maybe I should run for office...

Anyway, at work sometimes two managers get scheduled to close at night, this annoys me because it is always me and one other guy who I do not enjoy working with but since his shift starts before mine he basically grabs the management duties and I have to be a peon for the night, I have a problem with this because I know I can do his job better than he does and he keeps making the same mistakes no matter what, he doesn't accept advice either, which is stupid because I was the one who trained him in the first place, presumably I still have a few ideas that he doesn't, but that's whatever.
I am torn though because if he is the manager for the night that frees me up to be a delivery driver, this has significant advantages, not least of which is that if it is a busy night for deliveries I spend most of the evening not in the store, and not on my feet, which is awesome, also the tips are much better, I took six trips tonight and made over forty bucks in delivery tips which I don't have to share with anyone, plus my hourly pay.

So on the whole it is a wash, professionally I want to do the management, but if I have to be forced to work less hard for more money than I guess I will take it.

Not really a problem I guess, but that is what is on my mind tonight.

No comments: