Friday, December 6, 2019

Summer fun.

Have I talked about my summer at all yet? I don't think I have, except for with Zena that is.

Why would I talk about my summer you ask? Well outside of the inherent narcissism in having what amounts to a public diary, there are other possible options: Something good could have happened, something bad, something interesting, or a combination of all three.

I wouldn't know, I don't remember the summer at all.

I remember starting my delivery job in the spring, and then hearing about stuff that was going to happen in the fall and thinking I should be prepared for that. Fast forward to September and I recall thinking about those same things and telling myself "Well I still have a few months to get ready." then I realized what month it was.

I've never (to my knowledge, but how would I know?) lost time like that before, there are a couple flashes here and there that suggest I haven't experienced memory loss from a physical issue like a head injury or dementia. I remember being hot and uncomfortable, I remember a trip to the beach, and one or two other things, but other than that I got nothing. It's like a dream, just flashes of stuff here and there and a sense of deja vu when I run into something familiar which I presume I encountered over the summer.

I think I was depressed and not aware of it. Zena tells me I didn't do anything particularly out of the ordinary for me, so I think the combination of some form of depressive episode and the heat of the summer forced me into a shell where I focused on just getting through the day and pretty much nothing else.

Events pick up in early September for me and it literally felt like waking up, suddenly I was part of the world again and I have a pretty clear recollection of events since.

There is no message here, or point tot he story I guess, I imagine my experience is not unique and it may not even be the first time it happened to me. But it is worth thinking about I guess and has been on my mind lately.

No comments: